Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pretty Palette -January Inspiration Pantone Color of the Year Marsala 18-1438

January Pretty Palette Inspiration is inspired by the color Marsala which is Pantone color of the year.When Pantone announced this color to be the color of the year I was like'' What '' but the more I did research on Pinterest the more I like the color .I find the color to be sophisticated ,fun ,with a touch of retro depending on how you choose a color compliment it.I must confess that I don't own anything in this shade but I did find a nail polish in that shade  and it belongs to my daughter . I just remembered I have some Christmas decoration in the color  because I don't like decorations in the color red. Well then I cant say that I don't have anything in that shade. I was just thinking that  a velvet jacket would look great in that shade or velvet skinny jeans and adorned with the jewelry I made with Erin Prais -Hintz January Pretty Palette Halcraft USA. Thank you Erin and Molly .Visit E
Visit and take a look at what Erin design for January Pretty Palette at.
 http://www.halcraft.com/pretty-palettes/pretty-palettes-january-reveal-2/                                                                                                                                                             

This is a list of beads that I used.

MSKU#463510374677 Resin druzy purple 11mm
MSKU# 10172478 Dyed quartzite ruby round 10mm
MSKU#10149762 Amethyst luster glass beads 8mm
MSKU#10321778 Red glass opaque round 4mm
MSKU#10374635 Glass pearl purple mix 6mm

I also used chains and buttons that I bought a while back .I had planned to make something with the polymer clay  and the nice long zipper  but I  had no time because of the storm that was coming to our are so that got put into the back burner until next week. In the picture you also see the bottle of nail polish that I was talking about  I put in the picture for kind of inspiration .







Wired Wrapped With Chain  with Buttons  Drop Necklace 
 
 
 
 
 
''Cherrie Bomb ''Wire Wrapped Necklace with Drop Pendant with button .
 
 
 
 
Beaded Crochet Necklace
 
 
 
Chain and Druzy Necklace
 
 
Mixed Media Leftover Buttons and Chain Necklace  .This one was made with left over materials .
 
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Love that bold and beautiful design! Those deep wine/marsala color beads are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your visiting and liking my designs ,those beads are my favorite also.

      Delete
  2. Nice collection! I like how you used the silver buttons as a connectors. It's difficult to choose a favorite. I like the druzy necklace with the chain, I didn't care for the beads when I saw them in the store but you used them nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise I have been saving the buttons for a while and everyday I opened the box that I had them in but no idea on what to do with them until I but them next to the beads.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You certainly did get inspired! I love those buttons. The texture on them and the patina. You used them is such a wide variety of designs. I love the Cherry Bomb necklace with the feather the best. Thanks for playing along with me in the Pretty Palettes challenge! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Erin I practically used every bead that I bought .Once I start beading I tend to use everything non stop .I must confess that the cherry bomb was supposed to be a rosary but I was short by 2 beads .I have a great time playing along in the challenge.

      Delete
  4. I love those buttons! They have such great texture on them. I like the Cherrie Bomb necklace best, probably because it looks exactly like something I would wear all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle I still have more buttons left for future designs and the necklace has become my favorite simple even though it gave my fingers a workout with all the wire wrapping.

      Delete
  5. Those buttons are fantastic, Elsie! Love how you used them differently with such great results. You always bring such great designs to the table. The Cherrie Bomb is fantastic!! Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Christie, I was given 3 large boxes of very expensive buttons in total about 200 buttons and when I saw them I was in heaven. The Cherrie bomb was going to be a rosary but because of 2 beads it never happened.

      Delete
  6. What a treasure trove you made! Amazing wire wrapping skills! Wonderful necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Alison ,I love to create with wire and I don't follow in rules I tend to brake them and just have fun.

      Delete
  7. Elsie, these are wonderful! I's amazing what you can make with a few strands of beads--and some buttons, of course; they're gorgeous, too! I can totally see myself wearing the button and feather necklace. That extra swirl of wire on the bead above the button is dreamy. Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crafty Mama ,I love beads and in my designs I mix from the very inexpensive to the very expensive beads .I sometimes restyle the beads by painting ,decoupage over them.I also like to use feathers and leaves in my designs because of my love for birds and plants.

      Delete
  8. Totally Awesome! Diggin' the Cherry Bomb for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the Cherry Bomb! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The highlighted Replica Handbags swiss handbag right now over at Saks Fifth Avenue is this stunning Chanel Replica swiss Fall/Winter 2015 debut by no other than Coach. This elegant handbag features some of the brands most classic features such as structured and Replica Handbags UK durable leather, traditional gunmetal hardware, and an all-around striking Replica Handbags swiss metallic finish that embezzles the handbag alone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for Sharing such a great information with us!.financial advisory company

    ReplyDelete